Housing Advocates Council
Your impact on the pro-housing movement starts here.
Make your opinion count in the pro-housing movement! The new AHLA Housing Advocates Council (AHLA Council) and its sub-committees will provide input on key decisions made by AHLA. Council members help set AHLA’s policy and political agenda – determining what housing issues to focus on and how to achieve affordable housing for all. There will be opportunities to join sub-committees that focus on separate issue areas such as policy, endorsements, and project advocacy. Members will be provided with exclusive training, events, and communications support.
A seat at the decision-making table – vote on important decisions, make recommendations on policy and political strategies. Leave your imprint on AHLA.
Develop skills in housing and advocacy – access to exclusive Council Events and Trainings.
A pipeline of leadership – a platform to activate or multiply your leadership potential.
Flexible commitment – only two General Meetings annually are required, with deeper engagement opportunities available, if desired.
Steps to join
- Become an AHLA member (As council membership entails important decision-influencing powers, we request that council members commit to a monthly donation to AHLA. Generous, need-based waivers are available in the application.)
- Fill out the application form below
- Complete an onboarding process
- You are in! Start weighing in on important decisions
We have subcommittees of the Housing Advocates Council dedicated to the following topics:
- Racial Justice and Equity