Submit your comments using the link inside. 

J O I N     |     D O N A T E    |    V O L U N T E E R 

Hi Friend, we noticed you haven’t yet submitted your comments on the Status Quo Plan!

We don’t want you to miss this important advocacy opportunity.

The LA Department of City Planning released a preview of our city’s Housing Element update, which explains how Los Angeles will accommodate 450,000 more homes by 2029. Unfortunately, Planning’s approach is a plan for failure.

Planning believes that the City can achieve over 80% of LA’s housing growth target with no significant zoning or policy changes, and that the remaining 20% can be accommodated through several weak community plan updates. The facts don’t support this approach, and going down this path would mean failing to build enough housing, particularly in the high-income areas that use exclusionary zoning to keep new people out. It’s a NIMBY’s dream come true.

It’s time to speak out. The Equitable Distribution approach to the Housing Element is the right way to plan for LA’s future. Please send this letter to Planning and City Hall to convince them to change course.