Share the infographic inside to help people stay in their homes 

J O I N     |     D O N A T E    |    V O L U N T E E R 

Share these infographics to spread awareness on SB 91’s Covid eviction protections

So many people in our communities have been impacted by Covid and the financial destruction it has caused. Being evicted on top of that is another burden for people and families. Fortunately the State has provided some eviction protections to keep people in their homes. Spread the word about these key facts:

  • If you make less than 80% of the area’s median income, your landlord can apply for rental assistance under SB 91. If your landlord agrees to waive 20% of the rent owed between April 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, the government may pay the remaining 80%. If your landlord refuses to participate in the program, you can still apply to have 25% of your back rent paid. Some citise and counties may choose to distribute rent relief funds differently.
  • Under certain circumstances, SB 91 prohibits landlords from basing an eviction off unpaid rent from March 1, 2020 to JUne 30, 2021. However, there are several steps tenants must take to obtain the protections.
  • If you do receive an eviction notice, *seek legal advice right away.* Renters across CA organized and passed eviction protections across the state that will help many renters. However, the protections do not cover everyone and some evictions can start now.
  • Read more about the steps you should take here.

Read and share these infographics explaining how to use SB 91’s eviction protections!

Black History Month Auction – Ending this week

Thanks to everyone who has bidded thus far on our action, we appreciate all of the love and support for the art. Due to the demand and the fact that our Organizing Director, Rod will be participating in a panel event on redlining in East Hollywood on March 18th, we have decided to extend the auction so that more folks can participate. The auction will now end on March 21st! Click here to see the items.

Support Abundant Housing on Amazon Smile!

We can only build the pro-housing movement with supporters like you. If you shop on Amazon, please consider using this link to our affiliated 501(c)3 organization on Amazon Smile. It’s easy to sign up, and doesn’t cost you anything!

Support us on Amazon here

Women in Housing Policy & Advocacy

Register for next week’s Women in Housing Policy & Advocacy event! Celebrate women’s history month with us as we honor what women can do in housing. Hear from organizers working on the ground to build pro-housing support in their own communities.

Are there women housing leaders you would like to see honored? Reply to this email with any suggestions, we would love to hear them!

Share and Register here!

Abundant Housing is hiring!

Are you interested in working for the pro-housing movement? See our open position here and send an application!